Friday, February 12, 2010

Chris- An Inferno is Born [Edited]

I could feel myself being enveloped by the flames that lapped up against my body. Suddenly, my hands seemed to heat up. I turned my palms upwards and found strange glowing markings running along them in a circular pattern. My back started getting hotter as well, and the bottoms of my feet. Before I could check for any more markings, all of the flames that had previously surrounded me now slipped into the markings on my hands, my back, my feet, which all flowed into my soul.

At that point, my mind fell back into my body with a sudden whoosh of exhilaration. The exhilarating sense was then a mere prelude to the invigoration I felt at that moment. I was infused with a new power. It was at this moment that I realized I had been a few feet off the ground, and suddenly dropped like a stone.

Gently rubbing my head, I got up and attempted to use this newfound power. I thought about fire and stared at my hand, trying to start a fireball. I suddenly felt like an idiot in my endeavor. I didn’t have any fire power, that kind of stuff only happened in fictional stories. As I snapped my fingers in irritation, my hand unexpectedly caught fire. I widened my eyes and shook my hand to put it out. Well, it was more like frantically flapping my hand around until it went out.

It’s real... I thought. I looked down at the crystal, which I had dropped a few moments ago. I picked it up and inspected it further. My face was no longer in the crystal, and neither were the flames that had engulfed my body. I must’ve absorbed the fire...

At that moment, I heard a yell coming from above me. Pocketing the bauble, I immediately ran back to the ladder, and towards my friend, Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment