A short while ago, I had come to a fork in the road, or tunnel actually. I’d chosen to go right, because obviously it’s the Right way, isn’t it? Either way (and I’ll stop with the puns now), I went right and soon came to a hole in the ground, a ladder leading towards deeper, but somehow brighter ground. Shrugging, I boldly, or foolishly, went deeper into the labyrinth.
When I reached the bottom, I found a huge room with an extremely bright diamond shining from the center of it. I ran over to the diamond, making sure no one was around. Just in case, I whistled innocently as I slowly walked the last few feet. A crystal sphere floated above the diamond, inside the light. I stared in wonder and awe at the crystal before taking it out of the light. As I examined it closely, I noticed something odd. What I saw in the crystal ball surprised me.
It was my own face, but it was not reflecting off the glass; it was inside the sphere. Cautiously, I ran my fingers along the circumference of the sphere. After a few seconds, my face disappeared and became a bright flame. The crystal ball still felt unnaturally cold, although the fire raged inside of it.
Suddenly the fire leaped out at my hand from the crystal. Unable to withdraw my hands from the crystal, the flames engulfed my hand. They crawled up my arm and soon enveloped my entire body. Oddly (and thankfully) enough, I was not completely incinerated by the fire, as I should’ve been.
Then I closed my eyes and felt my mind and spirit leave my body. In my mind’s eye, I saw a bright light ahead of me, and as much as I tried, I couldn’t change course away from it. This must be what dying feels like, I thought, as I sighed and prepared for the worst.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment