Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Joseph- Basement Floor, Rocks, Stones, and Sediment Aisle

It was going to take years of therapy to erase the past few minutes of my life. That was a dream wasn’t it? Yeah I had fallen asleep in class and dreamt that I went to the bathroom and somehow found myself in a bathroom stall disguised as an elevator that led to the deep underground. Yeah, that was the only logical explanation. But then again...

“Do you always use the bathroom as a mode of transportation?” I opened my eyes and found three people staring at me in bewilderment. The one who had spoken waved a hand in front of me, “Yo, you alive?”

I blinked and poked his hand. I was still wondering if it was all real. “Um, yes I’m alive.” Then I nodded to reassure myself, “Very much alive. And very much confused. Can you please tell me what’s going on?”

“Yes, I’m Chris, and that’s Kyle and Jaycob” he said as he pointed to the two guys respectively, “and you’re some guy who used the bathroom as an elevator. What’s your name anyways?”

“My name is Joseph” I answered with wide eyes. I looked around the room, “Where am I?”

“Underground, though you can probably tell from the scenery.”

“Hey, can we use your bathroom to go back to the surface?” asked the one named Kyle.

“Um, I’m not exactly sure how it worked the first time.” I replied.

Then, the one who had remained silent spoke, “Chris, have you completely forgotten about your fire and my wind powers?”

I raised an eyebrow, “Fire and wind powers? Okay, you people are crazy, I’ll find my own way out” As I turned around, I felt a strong breeze pulling me back towards them.

“We’re not kidding”, said Jaycob.

I nodded slowly and walked back to them, “Okie then.. mind telling me how you got these fire and wind powers?”

“I think it came from this” said Jaycob as he handed me a crystal sphere.

As I held it my hand, I could feel an odd power flowing into me from the crystal. The ground began to shake, just like the classroom had shaken before. But this time, the others seemed to be affected as well. Suddenly, the shaking stopped, and I could feel my body become infused with a new power.

Soldiers had just walked into the room. Chris and Jaycob were in fighting position. I closed my eyes and clenched my fists; the ground below the men rose up and surrounded them. I looked towards my new companions and said, “Hold on tight” then looked up at the ceiling. I held up my arm and attempted to pull the ground closer to us, in effect, pulling us toward the surface.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Chapter 10! :D lol

    Wow, I just mentioned about the powers out of nowhere. o.O

    Hmmmm... itz kinda strange that we all know how to use powers correctly XD Or that none of us are somewhat hesitant about us having them. Just saying. >.>

    But beside that, cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao, not out of nowhere, it was relating to the conversation! Sort of >.>;
    Lol, but yesh, we can automatically use them correctly. But why we would have any reason to be hesitant about having powers? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well actually, we could hesitant because we don't know (as in the characters' perspective) where these powers came from and why we have them. For all we know, we could die if we use them too much. (I'm sure that the powers wouldn't kill us but from the characters' point of views, they know nothing about them beside that we know have to control it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, but i don't think any of us would think of the possibility of dying if we use powers too much, they're not that smart XP

    ReplyDelete