Monday, February 1, 2010

Chris- Woah...Just Woah.

A short while ago, I had come to a fork in the road, or tunnel actually. I’d chosen to go right, because obviously it’s the Right way, isn’t it? Either way (and I’ll stop with the puns now), I went right and soon came to a hole in the ground, a ladder leading towards deeper, but somehow brighter ground. Shrugging, I boldly, or foolishly, went deeper into the labyrinth.

When I reached the bottom, I found a huge room with an extremely bright crystal shining from the center of it. I ran over to the crystal, making sure no one was around. Just in case, I whistled innocently as I slowly walked the last few feet. What I saw in the crystal surprised me.

It was my own face. I waved my hand over the crystal, noticing it wasn’t my reflection. I also noticed my face wasn’t the only one there. It was a huge crystal, much larger than I had originally thought. There were a total of 11 faces, though it seemed as if one face was missing; there was a very scratched up spot. As I looked closer at my own face, I saw fire glowing from it, as if it were inside the crystal, underneath my face.

Cautiously, I ran my fingers along the edges of my face; it felt unnaturally smooth, and also very cold, even though there was a fire under it. Suddenly the fire leaped out at my hand from the crystal. I immediately withdrew my hand, but it somehow didn’t hurt. There were no burn marks as I inspected my hand, and the fire in the crystal seemed unaffected. I again placed my hand on the crystal, and the fire engulfed my hand once again. This time, the flames crawled up my arm and soon enveloped my entire body. Oddly (and thankfully) enough, I was not completely incinerated by the fire, as I should’ve been.

Then I closed my eyes and felt my mind and spirit leave my body. In my mind’s eye, I saw a bright light ahead of me, and as much as I tried, I couldn’t change course away from it. This must be what dying feels like, I thought, as I sighed and prepared for the worst.

13 comments:

  1. I now know that eeny, meany, miney, moe doesnt work. XP
    And what happened to Kyle. You ditched him, didnt you. o.o lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not ditch him XD We went our separate ways XD I just happened to be lucky and chose the Right way, not the wrong, er i mean Left way, lol

    I guess I'll put up his chapter next, and hold off Joseph's for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea. You should. Joseph don't matter much. XD jk
    I'm sure he last one chapter delay. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, alright then, I didn't know you cared so much about Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't. Just curious to find out what happened to him and why you ditch him. It's not my fault I'm naturally curious or you have the tendency to ditch people. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, too bad you said you only write/check once a week -.-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't ditch him >.< I do Not have a tendency to ditch people! Often >.> Well, the chapter's posted, so bleh on you XP

    Oh, and i'll try to update as much as possible, so I might do twice, maybe even three times a week if i have time, so yup :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, yesh. I'll most likely post tomorrow or the next day, cuz Joseph's chapter is already done. But I like teasing you people and making you wait =P

    ReplyDelete
  9. :P I can wait. I have patience. Somewhat. >.> lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, i see. Just don't protest against my taking too long to post XP

    ReplyDelete